Everything You Need to Know About Online Counseling
Due to the Covid 19 Virus, it is in all of our best interests to stay isolated. That can be overwhelming as the very thing that will make us all safer, can still be very difficult for any of us. I have added Telehealth to my services to make them available.
Some services are available by phone for those that don’t have access to a computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will Insurance cover telehealth?
- Yes!! Insurance will cover telehealth. I have information about it but you can verify with your insurance company to verify.
What happens if the internet isn’t working?
- My system is very stable but I have back up options to continue. If you would prefer a phone session that is welcomed but many insurances will not cover the cost. You would be responsible for them. (CT Medicaid has made an exception during the Covid pandemic)
Why should I choose telehealth? Does it work?
- You should choose telehealth because Covid 19 forces us to isolate.
- Long term it gives you choices if you have difficulty in driving, or have a challenging schedule.
I have never seen you. This crisis has made everything worse. How can I make an appointment?
- You can either call me or fill out the form you will find here.
- We will have a free consulation where we can briefly meet me, tell me about yourself, and ask questions about online counseling or therapy in general
Is Telehealth private?
- Just like a face-to-face-appointment, your Telehealth visit will be private and confidential.
- It will never be recorded.
- You should find a place that is quiet and private.